Make sure you have an extinguisher, gloves and safety equipment near your grill in case of a fire.
Depending upon your style of cooking, frequency and ingredients, grease can accumulate in the fire box area around the burners. While the panel design channels grease to the drawer for collection and disposal, there can be grease that collects and doesn’t drain.
Consistent cleaning of the cooking surface and the inside of the grill greatly decreases the risk of a fire.
Without proper cleaning, heated grease can accumulate, liquify and vaporize, which can ignite a fire. If this happens, turn off gas and leave the lid open to let grease burn off. Don’t EVER use water on a grease fire. Water could actually spread the fire, rather than putting it out. If flames persist or increase in intensity, use a fire extinguisher or clear the area and call your local fire department.