Cauliflower is a super vegetable. It’s packed with nutrients and health-promoting compounds that aren’t in many other vegetables. Cauliflower doesn’t always get the best rep because of its fairly bland flavor, but when grilled with honey, another super power food, you’ll be surprised what comes off the grill.
This easy dish takes just minutes to prepare and is an inventive way to serve one of fall’s most bountiful vegetables.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 6 servings
Everyone loves food on a stick. These cauliflower kabobs get a boost from a light coating of honey.
1 cauliflower head, rinsed and cut into florets
1 cup honey
Salt and pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
6 wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a microwavable bowl filled with 1 inch of water, microwave cauliflower on high for 5 minutes or until the florets are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Arrange four florets on each wooden skewer, and spritz with cooking spray.
- Place skewers over direct heat; turn until there is an even, light charring on each floret.
- Brush honey onto the cauliflower; then salt and pepper to taste.
- Put back on the grill for another minute or until the honey melts into cauliflower.
- Remove, and serve immediately.