Has rump steak made its way into your grilling rotation? It’s tender, easy and flavorful when prepared well. Best served medium rare, it doesn’t require a ton of prep or long marinade and should really be handled with just a little gentle love before laying over the grill. Follow this recipe for juicy, tender Grilled Steak Tacos topped with charred vegetables
FOR THE MARINADE
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces light summer beer
Juice from one freshly squeezed lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon steak seasoning of choice
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
FOR THE TACOS
1 large rump steak
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
1 avocado, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the olive oil, beer, lime juice, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Pat the steak dry. Place in a large freezer bag. Pour the marinade over top and turn to coat. Let the steak rest in the fridge for one hour before preparing the grill.
- When ready to grill, preheat your Grill to medium-high heat. Allow the steak to sit at room temperature within the marinade for 30 minutes while your grill heats.
HOT TIP: Make sure that your grates are cleaned and oiled prior to preheating.
- Meanwhile, remove the tops and centres of the peppers. Slice into rings. Then peel and slice the onion into rings as well. Coat the vegetables with olive oil and set aside.
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade and season well with salt and pepper if desired. Place the steak over the heat and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the steak from the grill. Wrap it in foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Once you remove the steak, arrange the vegetables around the perimeter away from direct heat. Cook the vegetables until tender and charred, 2 to 3 minutes a side. Lastly, heat the tortillas over the grill for about 10 to 15 seconds a side, just to warm. Wrap in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain and serve with any reserved juices, the charred vegetables and assorted toppings for your tacos.