Sweet potatoes are one of the world’s healthiest foods. They’re commonly baked whole, sliced into fries or mashed for pies. But grilled garlic sweet potatoes add a nice twist to the holiday table.
Roasting them with garlic on the grill gives them a creamy savory quality.
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
2 Bartlett pears, cored and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 5-ounce package rocket
1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Preheat grill to medium high using indirect heat (one side of the grill off).
- In a large roasting pan, combine potatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Grill for 30 minutes with the pan on indirect heat, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned.
- Add pears and grill another 10 minutes.
- Place the rocket in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked potatoes and pears. Toss until the rocket wilts.
- Sprinkle with the lemon peel.