Sweet and salty is the perfect combination, especially in a chocolate dessert straight off the grill. Buy your favorite or make your own brownie mix and add grilled bacon. Then turn your grill into an oven and bake your bacon cupcakes without ever having to leave the party.
4 strips of bacon
1 box brownie mix (we used Ghirardelli Caramel Turtle Brownie Mix but pick your favourite)
Spray oil or paper cupcake cups
- Preheat the grill to medium high. If you're using a TRU-Infrared grill, there’s no need to worry about flare ups. If you're using a conventional grill, heat one side to high and leave the other side off.
- Add the bacon and grill until browned and crispy on both sides. If you're using a conventional grill, move bacon to the cool side if flare ups occur.
- Drain the bacon and crumble. Reserve.
- Lower the heat on the grill to medium-low, about 350 degrees, on one side and turn the other side off. You can check the temperature using an inexpensive oven thermometer.
- Either spray a 12-cup cupcake pan with spray oil or add paper cupcake cups.
- Mix the brownies according to the package directions, mix in the crumbled bacon and divide them evenly in the cupcake pan.
- Put the filled cupcake pan on the unlit side of the grill. Close the lid and bake for 20 minutes.
- Rotate the pan, close the lid and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes for 10 minutes and move them to a baking rack.
- If you're using paper cupcake holders, remove them while the cupcakes are still warm.