Embrace the sweet corn harvest in this recipe for coriander-lime butter corn on the cob. It’s smoky, sweet, salty and spicy – the perfect way to kick up your backyard barbecue.
12 Cobs of corn
100 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 lime, juiced and zested
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shaved
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Soak the corn in a pot of warm salted water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse together the butter, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove all but a single layer of the husk from the corn. Pull back the remaining husk and remove the silk.
- Brush corn liberally with cilantro-lime butter, then pull the husk back over the corn.
- Grill corn for 12-15 minutes, turning intermittently, until all the sides are nicely charred.
- Remove the corn from the grill, then brush with additional coriander-lime butter.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and lime zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.