Spice up your taste buds with your Kettleman Grill and this delicious fusion fajita burger topped with grilled onions, capsicum, cheddar cheese, and homemade guacamole.
For the Fajita Seasoning:
1 tbs chili powder
1 teas cumin
1 teas paprika
½ teas cayenne pepper
½ teas garlic powder
For the Burgers:
450g minced Beef
Salt & pepper
1 Onion, sliced into 5mm slices
1 Green capsicum, stemmed seeded and sliced
1 Red capsicum, stemmed seeded and sliced
1 tbs olive oil
6 cheddar cheese slices
¼ cup homemade Guacamole
Lettuce and tomato for serving
6 Toasted brioche buns
- Whisk the fajita seasonings in a bowl together. Set aside.
- Prep your charcoal in a chimney starter and allow the coals to get covered in a thin layer of ash before carefully transferring to your Char-Broil Kettleman Grill. Allow the grates to heat up.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of the fajita seasoning into the minced beef. Form the minced beef into 6 patties, make a dimple in the center of each with your thumb, and season the outsides with salt and pepper.
- Toss the onion and capsicum in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange the veggies in a grill basket and place on the cooler side of the grill to cook, tossing occasionally until veggies are charred and softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange the patties on the cool side of the grill with lid closed, cooking to desired temperature, flipping once halfway through for even cooking.
- Toast the buns.
- With a minute to go, arrange the cheddar cheese over the burgers and close the lid to allow the cheese to melt. Remove from grill and allow to rest.
- Arrange the buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Top with a burger, a dollop of guacamole and a healthy pile of fresh grilled onions and capsicum. Top off with the buns, serve and enjoy your Char Grilled Fajita Burgers!
Quick Guacamole Instructions
- Mash up one avocado
- Add a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce, a dash of lemon juice and salt and pepper
Note: Although this recipe is incredible on a charcoal grill, it can be equally delicious on a gas grill!