This Fourth of July styled recipe will get those taste buds singing the American national anthem. Experiment with an infusion of beer and meat into a delicious hot dog.
4 Bratwurst sausages
4 Hoagie rolls
Whole grain dijon mustard or your favorite condiments;
1 Lager beer
2 Onions, sliced
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Brown sugar
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
You will also need:
- Preheat your grill for direct grilling at medium high.
- In a saucepan, saute the onions with 2 tbsp of butter until golden brown, then add the
brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and the remaining half of the beer.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes for the liquid to reduce.
- Pour half the beer in a highball glass and fill in your marinade injector; Inject approximately 1 oz of beer into each brat by inserting the injector lengthwise into the sausage.
- Grill the brats for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the brats in hoagie rolls with caramelized onions and mustard.