Nothing is more satisfying than fresh vegetables cooked on the grill. Whether you serve them up with a juicy steak or use them to create a satisfying vegetarian meal, these tips will help you create a crowd-pleasing meal that is flavourful and healthy. Read on to learn how to grill veggies on a gas grill.
Cooking Veggies on a Gas Grill
Many people choose to cook with gas grills because they are easier to start and require less cleanup than charcoal grills. If you are a griller who prefers gas over charcoal, these tips for grilling veggies are perfect for you!
Step 1: Choose Your Grill
Before you can perfect the art of grilling, you must first choose a grill that works for you. Char-Broil has many gas grills to choose from that fit a range of budgets. View our range here:
Step 2: Choose Your Veggies
When it comes to grilling vegetables, your options are endless. No matter which veggies you pick, here are some helpful tips for when it’s time to cook:
- Pick your favourites – Choose whichever vegetables you like the most and look the freshest. You can grill pretty much any vegetable — asparagus, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, onions, peppers and more.
- Chop wisely – Cut up your veggies, but not too small. Try to cut them evenly, too, so they cook consistently.
- Prepare the grill – High, direct heat works best. Preheat it for 10-15 minutes. Lightly coat vegetables with oil before grilling.
- Stay organized – Grouping similar vegetables together will eliminate overcooking or undercooking. Some vegetables take longer than others.
- Cook for the entire week – If you can’t get motivated to grill vegetables every night, try cooking them all at once at the beginning of the week. Then you can reheat them with each meal. They’ll stay fresher, last longer, and wipe out any excuses.
Step 3: Invite your friends!
Nothing brings people together quite like a backyard barbecue, so why not invite over your friends and family to enjoy a nice meal? Grilled veggies are a perfect side because they go with anything and can feed a large crowd.