It’s time to learn how to grill lamb chops. Lamb is one of those meats you may not often see at your neighborhood restaurant — but when it’s available, you know exactly what you’re having for dinner. Share the taste of grilled lamb chops at your next family cookout with these helpful tips and recipes.
What You Need to Know About Lamb Chops
With the right grill, you can cook delicious lamb chops in just a few minutes.
Lamb chops are simple to cook. Preheat your grill to high, then cook them over direct heat. You’ll get a nice sear, and it will only take a few minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chops.
It’s recommended that you cook lamb chops to medium rare, though you can cook them longer if you prefer. You can confirm the temperature with an instant-read digital thermometer — shoot for 145°F.
Grill the Perfect Lamb Chops Every Time
Now that you’ve got the technique down, wow your family and friends with one of our favourite lamb chop recipes:
- Lamb chops — serving size should be 2-3 per person
- Salt and pepper
- Minced, curly parsley — one handful
- Finely chopped lemon zest — half a lemon
- Dry your lamb chops with a paper towel and season with salt. Let the meat sit outside of the refrigerator at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Make sure your grill grates are clean. Apply oil so the chops won’t stick.
- Mix the parsley, lemon zest and a dash of salt. Massage the mixture with your fingers to get the most flavour.
- Cook the chops for 2-3 minutes a side, or until they are cooked to your liking. Use your meat thermometer to check the temperature.
- Let the chops rest for a few minutes after removing from the grill.
- Season with parsley, lemon zest and salt mixture.